Once you’ve learned the basics of kayaking, the next step is to master paddling; like any other sport knowing about proper techniques will help you win at it.
Know Before You Go
Let’s learn about the right way to paddle so that you can enjoy this beautiful sport without risking your life:
- Choosing the right kayak with the correct paddle length is something most people miss, but an incorrect paddle size can lead to injuries.
- The shaft is the part of the paddle you hold; it’s necessary to know how to grip the shaft properly before going into the water.
- Don’t put too much pressure on your arms; try to exert energy on the paddle from your core, so your muscles won’t get strained.
- Never bend back on the seat and keep your back straight to maintain focus and avoid back pain.
- To move smoothly, hold the paddle from its center and keep your hands at an equal distance.